ON TAKING CARE OF THE BODY

Body-"the physical structure, including the bones, flesh, and organs, of a person or an animal." 
I believe that the body is the soul's driver, it is the essence of life, driving us to achieve our daily goals. Before this year, I was in the blues about "self-care and self-love". These words all seemed alien to me, of course before, I found healing through taking care of my body and mind.

Maybe you might not understand what self-love and self-care entail, but they are the rather effortless practice that you might already be accustomed to. 

For me, self-care entails a conglomerate of entities; both physical and mental. Below is a list of daily practices that form part of my self-care routine.
* Daily meditation- this helps me center my mind and generally relax my body by releasing all muscles and ligament tension.

* Daily exercise- Helps with muscular development and mental grit.

* GratitudeJournaling- List down 3 things that you are grateful for throughout the day.

* Unwinding from Social media- Social media can be quite detrimental to one's health, especially if inappropriately used. I find social media, a paragon of comparison and self-loathing.

* Declutter your space- take time to clean and organize your space. It goes a long way in easing your mind, ahead of the day.

These are but a few. There are myriad practices one can follow to ultimately feel good about themselves and heal their body and mind. Comment what you think.

Dominus meus me adiuvet amem me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Battle: A Year of Navigation

OMWANA THE BIPOLAR FLOWER

Introverted Mutinda part 1