Not all "six pack" men are what you think

 Well hello there!!! Welcome to my blog where I try or we try to debunk myths and misconceptions about mental health, especially in men and teenage boys. Well, with my fair share of depression and anxiety, I have had an odyssey filled with stereotypes and derogatory statements from people whom I have interacted with. I wouldn't blame them, there was once a time I was quite in the mix about mental health and people who struggled with mental health.

I think starting this blog was all about challenging some of these condescending statements and debunking myths about mental health. First of all, any person can struggle with their mental health. People have this notion that if you have broad shoulders, thick thighs, and "pompous abs" ...you simply cannot succumb to a mental frenzy. I think society has impacted our understanding of many things including such retrogressive notions. One thing people don't know is that mental health struggles can impact anyone and everyone. 

I would love to share my story and my point of view about mental health through this blog.

Don't forget to like and share 

Comments

  1. looking forward to it; can't wait to be part of this odyssey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The society has always seen men as being strong but deep down , they are hurt . As a man it's best to prioritize your mental health. Speak up 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you for voluntarily coming out to speak about mental health and more so your personal experience. It has been a journey that has seen the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope we learn one or two things that will help us through our daily struggles. Kudos son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is inspiring. Inner strength!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. its sad that society tends to classify people on body size and body type

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Battle: A Year of Navigation

OMWANA THE BIPOLAR FLOWER

Introverted Mutinda part 1