FOUND THE TRUTH BENEATH THE LIES

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
I remember that day quite vividly. The day I thought I had finally drawn my last straw with a once happy and cheerful life. A sudden change, almost intransigent. My therapist says I have a very high intrapersonal intelligence (Individuals who are strong in intrapersonal intelligence are good at being aware of their emotional states, feelings, and motivations). Sometimes it's difficult for people to be aware of themselves and the vast changes taking place in their minds. For me, it all started when I lost a close friend and my dear and beloved grandmother -a once domineering matriarch who always found the inner strength to pull herself out of anything this life threw at her. As the very popular Beyoncé song goes; 'she was served lemons but she made lemonade'. RIP "Kukhu wanje". All these culminated in me getting quite depressed and anxious. Death is like a phantom who haunts lonely roads, it always comes unexpected. One minute you are here the next...
Nigel, a once known jovial and bouncy boy(quite literally) had now been left but a virtual recluse behind the tint of his light-sensitive photo chromatic lenses. Do you see me? Can you hear it? What you may ask?... Well, Lo and Behold! Depression himself and with his belligerent buddy;😊 anxiety mixed with a twinge of disgust and spite. The stress I had been subjected to had become extreme. The burden had become bilious. I tried my ardent best to fight throughout the seven hell months of my life. "Could this be my short-lived life?"
This thought pounded against me like waves beating against the mighty rocks of the shore. Every day was full of negativity, my efforts seemed lackluster at large. But I realized I struggled because I tried to suppress all the stress within me. I didn't want to seek help from the right people.
" Tears and weakness are not countenanced"
These very words I had heard several times from man's patriarchal and patronizing society.
Waking up was a struggle, putting a pencil back into my pencil pouch was a struggle, talking was a struggle, living was a struggle, everything was a struggle; trust me. All these; constraints of depression and anxiety. But I finally swallowed my pride before it swallowed me, quite literally.
I sought help from the right people. And got all the remedies I needed. I found Truth beneath the lies.
GRATIAS TIBI DEUS

Comments

  1. This is an amazing story! It is very positive to know that there's light at the end of the darkness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Battle: A Year of Navigation

OMWANA THE BIPOLAR FLOWER

Introverted Mutinda part 1